Sunday, July 29, 2007

Subprime's Other Victims??

Give me a break! I found this article from the NY Times:

"You’ve gotta feel for him. John Devaney, United Capital’s chief executive and a one-time master of the mortgage market who has been taking it on the chin lately, has put his yacht up for sale — for $23.5 million. According to TheStreet.com, he is selling his 142-foot Trinity yacht, dubbed Positive Carry, and his $16.5 million second-home, named Sardy House and the home of the nation’s largest living Christmas tree."

This is a great example of the fact that the entirety of the media only exhibits a persona recognized by the upper class. Does the NY Times really expect me to feel sorry for this 'poor' guy?

I could feel sorry for the guy, except for the fact that he has to sell his 23 million dollar yacht and his
16 million dollar second home. I wish I owned a first home! This is a pathetic piece of journalism, only representative of the most upper class of citizens. Yuk!

No comments: