Friday, July 27, 2007

Leisure Time

I'm tired of talking financial and economic news all the time. I'm going to be posting leisure items in addition to weekend video (which doesn't always address leisure items). The first 'leisure time' is of the boxing nature. I just got done watching ESPN Friday Night Fights. The main bout pitted Andre Berto vs. Cosme Rivera. The fight was trending towards Berto until the sixth round, when Rivera scored a knockdown. Unfortunately for Rivera, the knockdown only awakened the beast in Berto. The subsequent rounds were devasting for Rivera, including one in which a nasty cut appeared under the right eye of Rivera.
Ultimately, Berto won the fight unanimously by a wide margin, but Rivera was only the third boxer out of 19 to go the distance with Berto. Andre Berto is now 19-0 with 16 knockouts. Rivera, although he lost, should feel proud. He was a part of one of the most entertaining fights of the year, and the only fee I had to pay was for cable. Splendid!

(I've got plenty more to say about the financial news of the day, but it will come later. For now, I'm enjoying leisure.)

No comments: