Saturday, September 22, 2007

A Little Too Late...

I've been a bit predisposed the last couple of weeks, and in doing so, I've seen some profits dry up a little bit. At this point, I'm advising people to cover their shorts for Bear Stearns, Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, and JP Morgan. Closing prices for the respective corporations are as follows: BSC 117.32, GS 209.98, C 47.51, and JPM 47.13. I could have seen returns of 24 percent, 24 percent, 12 percent and 10 percent had I covered the shorts one month ago; but really, who expected the economic downturn to end in August? As it is, I'll still recognize some modest profits.

I still don't think we're at the bottom, but the recent rate cut from the FED has sparked a resurgence. I don't think it will last; Bernanke's just putting off the inevitable. But for now, cover your shorts...and be more observant than myself!

No comments: